Boyd Lake Road Church of Christ located in Hamlet, NC (Richmond County, NC), seeks to worship God and obey his will by preaching the gospel, loving and edifying each other, and ministering to those in need.
Following Jesus as Lord, we strive to do this by…
* Studying diligently the word of God and making prayer a way of life;
* Putting the word into practice in our lives and developing our personal faith;
* Praising God in our public assemblies and private lives, offering ourselves as living sacrifices;
* Identifying and employing our individual spiritual gifts, relying on God’s Spirit within us;
* Strengthening our families and serving as extended family to one another;
* Strengthening loving/serving relationships within this Body, our church family; and
* Leading, participating in and supporting missions of teaching, evangelizing and caring for others.
What we believe:
We seek to worship God according to the New Testament and to the example of the New Testament church. We meet upon the first day of every week or Sunday (1 Co. 16:2), partake of the Lord's Supper upon the first day of every week (Acts 20:7), sing with a cappella music (Eph. 5:19; Col. 3:16), give upon the first day of every week as we have been prospered (1 Cor. 16:2).
We seek to be saved and to teach a plan of salvation as taught and practiced in the New Testament. We believe we must hear the Word of God (Rom. 10:17), believe that Jesus is the Son of God (Mark 16:16), repent of our sins (Acts 2:38), confess Jesus as the Son of God (Acts 8:37), be immersed in water for the remission of our sins and to be added to the church (Acts 2:38, 41, 47), and live faithfully by the teachings of the Bible (Luke 9:23).
We believe in God our Father who created the universe, our world and everything good, right and perfect in it (Gen. 1:1; Jas. 1:17)
We believe that Jesus is the Son of God; that he died on the cross for the remission of our sins; that he was buried in a tomb and raised to life again on the third day (John 3:16; 1 Co. 15:1-4).
We believe in the Holy Spirit the third person in the Godhead who inspired the apostles and their associates to compose the Holy Scriptures (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:20-21).